photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

lavender

Is there anything that smells better than
lavender?


My lavender is just beginning to bloom.  I confess, I have not been too successful in growing it, but when it does flower, I love to pick some and put it around in the house for freshen things up a bit...
One thing though, it has to be REAL lavender.  Nothing smells worse than imitation lavender....as in air freshener...yuck.

If you don't have any lavender, let me suggest you go to Apifera Farm and order some....then make some nice little sachets by stuffing a teeny-tiny "pillow" with the buds and place them in your clothes, shoes, or anywhere else that needs......freshening....

2 comments:

  1. My goal was to plant some this year but haven't yet. Is it too late?

    I love your photos. I bake alot with dried lavender flowers and it's a nice addition to brownies and anything with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah...i'm not sure, but i think you can plant it most anytime! thanks for reading...

    ReplyDelete

...so happy to hear from you.........