photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hickory Hollow

For some time now, I've been following a blog called Hickory Hollow Homestead.  The premise is simple...if you can call it that...middle age couple decides to downsize and simplify their lives by selling their comfortable home and...homesteading.  They did just that.  They sold their home, bought some land in the Ozarks, built a teepee to live in until they can build a cabin and are living off the land.

Now, I have a lot of respect for these people.  They are following a dream...one I can't imagine, but a dream just the same.  Since the farmer and I just had a "discussion" (fight) about whether or not to turn on the AC, I don't think I can fully appreciate the desire to homestead, but I love reading about these folks.  They are relentless in their quest for simplicity.  They have just come through their first winter living in the teepee (sit with that one for a minute) and are going full steam ahead into spring planting.  They have had trials and tribulations all of which they have cronicled on their blog.  And they have had successes. 

I recommend you check this blog out because if nothing else, it will make you thankful for your warm/cool house.....

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... commendable, but rather them than me! We're trying to grow some food plants in a greenhouse and we compost as much as we can, and recycle stuff, but that's about as far as I want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, thanks for the kind words about our blog! We're happy you enjoying reading about our "grand adventure" ;)

    ReplyDelete

...so happy to hear from you.........