photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Thursday, April 4, 2013

UNDIET

I promised you today you would meet
Meghan Telpner.  Her book Undiet debuted across North America
this week.
But what does it mean exactly to "Undiet?"
Meghan explains it like this:
"To UnDiet is to UnDo what we've been led to believe is "healthy", break some rules, redefine and reclaim vibrant health. UnDiet living is about breaking rules and creating a lifestyle that actually works for you.
It is about questioning the paradigms that haven’t been working for us and being brave enough to do our own thing in a way that makes us sparkle."
 
 
And Meghan sparkles!
She is the happiest dieter (oops, UNdieter) I ever saw.
Of course, finding that your book is at the top of Amazon's list doesn't hurt.
This week, I committed to read
and see what all the fuss is about.
It's fabulous.  Pure and Simple.
It's 264 full color pages of vibrant living inspiration.
40 simple, delicious and whole food recipes, tips, tricks,
mind-blowing stats.  Nothing is over-done...rather, simple ways you can
introduce a healthier way of living in doable baby steps.
A seven day meal plan to help you get started transforming the way you eat
and think of food, and an 8 week transition plan so you have guidance all the way.
All designed to help you see that "healthifiying" your life can be simple and fun.
And that is just what this book is....simple and fun.
Meghan graciously agreed to answer three burning questions for
my blog.
 
1. If a person wanted to dip their toe into the UNDIET world with ONE ACT and only one act of new healthiness, what ONE THING would you recommend first?
 
Drink. More. Water. Let's start there. We are made of mostly water. Water is responsible for so many metabolic processes from digestion to elimination. If we're not metabolizing, absorbing and pooping than we're not going to get the great goods in and the waste matter out. This means that despite our best efforts, they may be for nothing. Intake of fresh clean water will bring down blood pressure, lower cholesterol, make us prettier (healthier skin and a sweet glow), and make us lovely self-lubricating women. If you really want to dip your toe in the UnDiet world, you should totally try out the UnDiet Test Drive. This is a five-strategy, three-day challenge that starts by sipping more water and also gets you a full three day meal plan, and helps you to try and ditch the toxic cosmetics too. UnDiet living is not just about eating- it's a full, awesome lifestyle.
 
2. You positively GLOW in all videos and photos....do you use a natural blush and if so what?

See question number 1! I drink tons of water, and also loads of green juice- this is juice made with leafy greens, cucumber, parsley, cilantro, green apple... anything green! This is where we'll get loads of iron and we need that iron in our blood to make it bright. That's what gives us rich glowy skin. Free as can be blood flow and cellular hydration. I also eats tons of fat- organic coconut oil, avocados, olives, hemp seeds, chia oil, and organic ghee. Fat is vital for healthy skin. I do have one beauty care product I use- on my lips and cheeks. It's the maiden blushing balm from Living Libations . You can take a full peak into my cosmetic bag here if you like.
 
3. Your style (fashion-wise) is colorful, fun and seems to match your personality extremely well...what's your favorite place to shop?

My own closet! I hate shopping. It's maybe my most despised thing to do. I keep clothes forever and often have them altered over and over again until I have no choice but to retire them. I guess it's part of my UnDiet lifestyle- it extends to clothes too. I have a lot of bright vintage party dresses, that have been modified. For the rest of it, I go out twice a year and just get some extra accessories and accents to keep it fresh. My philosophy is to Recycle, Reuse and Renew. Before developing my health issues and getting into nutrition, my first love was fashion and as a kid and into my teens, I made all my clothes.
 
Meghan, thanks so much for taking time for this little interview.
Please be sure and check out the above links for Undiet the book, and Meghan's
website. 
Meghan's creed:
 
 
 
Bio



Meghan Telpner is a Toronto based nutritionista and sought after media personality thanks to her refreshingly humorous, engaging and real approach to healthy living. Her online cooking courses and health programs are improving the lives of people around the world. Meghan’s book UnDiet, Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health will be released North America wide in April, 2013. Join Meghan’s community on twitter@MeghanTelpner. For more visit MeghanTelpner.com.
 

 


1 comment:

...so happy to hear from you.........