photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Winners & Berries

First things first....Lori's interview and offers of a free book AND a rhyming critique
were so fun....I hope you got to read it.  She is a wealth of information!  I held a very scientific drawing (names on slips of paper in a baseball cap) and drew first for the book...and the winner is...

PENNY KLOSTERMANN!
and the winner of the critique is....
JOANNA MARPLE! 

Congratulations to you both!  If you will email me with your contact info, I will
forward it on to Lori so you can get your treats. 
Thanks again Lori!


Strawberries are in season here...oh happy day! 
Last week my SIL Tammy brought us not one buy two buckets of the yummy fruit, which we
immediately ate like pigs.  Then for Mother's Day, Jack and his girlfriend picked 28 pounds to
pass out to both families and again, we ate like pigs.  I ran across two completely different recipes
I thought I would share.  Look at these MICE!  How cute are they?



Strawberry Mice
I thought you might enjoy a fun quick little recipe for strawberry mice!  Originally from
These mischievous mice will have your kids happily nibbling on a healthy snack in no time.
Ingredients
  • Fresh strawberries
  • Mini chocolate chips
  • Black decorators' icing
  • Almond slivers
  • Toothpick
  • Red lace licorice
  • Wedge of Cheese (Your choice)
  • Instructions
  1. For each mouse, slice a small section from the side of a strawberry so it sits flat.
  2. Press a mini chocolate chip into the tip for a nose, using a small dab of icing to secure it in place, if needed.
  3. Add icing eyes and stick 2 almond slivers into the top of the berry for ears.
  4. For a tail, use a toothpick to carve a small hole in the back of the berry and push the end of a piece of licorice lace into the hole. Serve these berry cute treats with small triangles of cheese.
If Strawberry Mice are not your thing, perhaps another Strawberry Treat....
Strawberry Trifle

Ingredients

  • 1 cup cold milk
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
  • 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
  • 8 cups cubed angel food cake
  • 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries


Directions

  • In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
  • Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.

    Lots of berries around now so take advantage and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Sharon, I do names in a hat, too! :-) THANK YOU SO MUCH. I am so excited to win this critique and hope Lori is oK with waiting a wee bit as I have a rhyming manuscript which needs a little more work before sending it to her!

    Love the strawberry mice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanna! Expecting big rhymes now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fist things first - those are the cutest mice I have ever seen! Next party I give or go to, I'm making those! Thanks for sharing them!!

    Now, down to business - CONGRATS Joanna and Penny! I can't wait to read your story in rhyme, Joanna - but I will since you need time! Whenever it's ready - send it my way! I'll send you an email with my email so you'll know where to send it.

    Penny, I'm so glad you won the book - I hope you like it! I'll send you an email too so you can let me know how you want me to sign it and where to send it!

    Thanks again, Sharon, for the interview and your wonderful blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about the book, Lori!!! I know it will be great. I emailed my address to Sharon a few days ago. In case you need my email, it's penny dot klostermann at gmail dot com.
    Thanks to both of you!
    The mice are adorable :•)

    ReplyDelete

...so happy to hear from you.........