photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lonesome Pigeon

A farm is a nice place to live.
For the most part, there is plenty of space and green things
to look at....I don't post many photos of the farm we live on for
several reasons, the first being that I am a terrible photographer, the second being
if I see something that might be interesting, I generally don't have a camera with me.
Last week, I gave the farmer a ride to pick up a truck and there, standing
in the middle of the gravel road, was a pigeon....a lone pigeon....just standing.
no nest, no partner...just him....standing in the road..
The farmer says he's there everyday...standing.

I ran and got my camera, came back and there he stood...
I got closer and closer and closer, and still he stood.  When I got
super close, he flew off a ways....but came back when I left.
He's been there everyday since...e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y.....
till today....I think he made for the beach....first day of summer and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...so happy to hear from you.........