photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Mention.....Dreamland

Gina Sekelsky of Dreamland is a fantastic calligrapher, seamstress and artist who has a delightful blog
It's my Monday Mention for this week....I love this blog! 
 Recently, she invited her readers to submit some of their favorite quotes.  She chose some to post, each handwritten of course, and is sharing one each day throughout the month of July....It is so fun to check her blog each morning to see what she has posted! 
The above quote is one I love and shared with her.  She, in turn, posted it and sent me a handwritten original!  How fun is that?!  I am a lucky duck and can't wait to frame it.  Thanks Gina, so much for the card.  Now, click over and visit her site and her ETSY SHOP and pick up something for yourself, or a very original gift for someone else!

Oh and check back here tomorrow for a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Now,  What can YOU mention today?  What do YOU recommend?  Leave me a comment
and share your currrent favorite things....
which brings me to my niece....she sent me an email with her recommedation...
....I think she has a point...here, in her own words............

I like car washes... not only are they mesmerizing for all children under the age of 18 (none of which i have biologically and only have in the car for small amounts of time while getting paid to "watch" them) they take care of at least 3 layers of the dust that comes from the 1/4 mile of our driveway, the dirt circulated by combines, tractors, manure spreaders, 4 wheelers, motorcycles, rides through random fields & driveways so the boys can look for a good hunting spot (aka big ol' bucks) and other assorted equipment. Not to mention they take away all of the residue from the nasty slimy caterpillar specks that fall out of the tree onto the car b/c the person that was supposed to be in charge of the outside work forgot that the tree was supposed to be sprayed. They also help to get rid of any tarnishes from random events like a stampede of stray-escape-y cows running onwards towards your 3 month old car from the beeping bucket loader being speedily driven by your cousin, who, when he realizes it's you and that the cows are headed towards you, begins maniacally laughing - especially when one bangs into the front bumper. Plus it's the only place where you can use the cool vacuum cleaners (sometimes for FREE) that are extremely dangerous if you are wearing a cotton skirt and forget that you should turn them towards the rug and not towards yourself (i personally feel that giving free shows is not the best choice to make in my life). They have the power to remove the stains from sonic slushy spills, the frosted flakes the nanny'ed children and i had to eat on the way to swim team b/c i forgot to pack something better, the dirt from last weeks kickball game, the evidence that i have been eating m & m's and driving again. Perhaps the most amazing part is how they get rid of the smell of stale dog vomit, mexican food leftovers, chlorine, manure, chocolate milkshakes and funky man feet and the list goes on and on....

that is why i like car washes... 
So blog readers....what's your favorite thing?
Let's all get our cars washed....
thanks little lucy...






2 comments:

  1. My favorite thing right now is the book The Happiness Project. I have been reading it slower & slower, because I don't want it to end! I am also intentionally NOT looking at her corresponding blog, as I am saving that for a birthday treat. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love car washes too! I did not know the vacum there was so magical I will have to try it again soon! My favorite spot: Moda Bake Shop http://www.modabakeshop.com/ I love new patterns, because I love to sew! The newest one the back to school grommet bag, well that is a must, the grommets are on the list to pick up! To me Moda Bake shop is like walking into a bakery for the normal person, I can just awe and ohh all day long over the patterns and be simply amazed at the creativity of the makers of these patterns!
    Now I will go check out your suggestion!
    Hope your day is a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete

...so happy to hear from you.........