photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Friday, July 23, 2010

Hot Weather Crafts....



July here at Farm and Fru Fru has been a busy month...
The Farmer has been super busy cutting corn a whole month early
because we have had such a little rain and such extremely HOT temps.  
How hot you ask?
We had the hottest June on record and July isn't looking much better...
several days over 100 and a "cold front" has recently meant below 95.
While the poor farmer has been sweating, I have been sticking
inside...working on a few ideas.

Here's a little apron I am trying out....the bottom is a terry-cloth towel
for hand-wiping (the practical) with the little flounce skirt (the fru fru part)
sewn on for fun....I think I will make up a few to sell.


My second little  project is inspired by Sophie Digard's creations.  I love her crochet scarves, necklaces etc.
I used wool felt and/or recycled felt to make my little posies and just crocheted the necklace part.
I may make a few of these to sell as well...
What do you think?  Yes?  No?  Improvements?
Have a "cool" weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I postively love them both! The apron is great with the terry towel bottom, how perfect! A towel always handy, unlike now where i wash my hands and look around the kitchen saying where did the towel get to now???? The necklace is very pretty! You have been busy, the heat did not fry your brain! Sounds like your summer is like our last two. This summer though we have had those rain showers, perhaps areas like ours will keep the price of corn down considering the price of milk is down if you have to buy corn that will be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sharon, the apron is brilliant! I always wipe my hands on my pants (usually with flour and grease on them). And the necklace...when I first looked, it really seemed like a Sophie Digard. Very beautiful. Did the farmer like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh kathrin...you are tooooo funny...the farmer would not recognize a dead skunk on the kitchen table much less an apron or necklace!!!(lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hihihihihi. You're the best! Just waiting for your memoirs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the necklace :) You're giving me some ideas here on what I could do with that.. My Girl Scout troop loves to sew felt flowers and I could have them attach them to yarn for the necklace.. or a friendship bracelet. Hmmm.. so many ideas now. Thanks for the inspiration as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! The terry-bottom apron is kind of genius. The necklace is super pretty! And I love your outdoor photos of both.

    ReplyDelete

...so happy to hear from you.........