photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Friday, May 21, 2010

Pick Me Up

After all the mishaps of last weekend...dead doggie, fall from grace (down the steps), sore foot, back, etc...
I decided a pick-me-up was in order....and nothing says pick-me-up like a new pocketbook.
I have wanted a cross body bag for sometime now...
But what about the promise I made to myself regarding spending money?  What about my
efforts to buy handmade and/or local/secondhand?  My foot hurt and my resolve was fading...
so.....
I shopped my fabric stash and decided getting busy would be good for the mind and purse...
The birdie bag you see above is the result.  I am pleased...it's no Coach bag, but it
has lots of pockets, a super long strap and it didn't cost a dime.  I used old linen, curtain scraps, a dish towel and other misc. scraps...
Moral:  if you fall down the steps and hurt your foot, or lose your doggie, being busy is better than
spending a ton of money and moping...sometimes...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you to stick to your morals. The bag is gorgeous and I admire your resolve ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah...please note i am TRYING...not succeeding!

    ReplyDelete

...so happy to hear from you.........