photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Monday, February 1, 2010

I ate everything but the dog's homework...

There are a lot of things I don't do...I don't work well with numbers, I don't wear makeup on snow days,  I don't work on the farm (according to the farmer), I don't take good photographs, and I don't work well on the computer (according to my brother the computer whiz).  But I do cook.  It's not my very favorite thing to do, but I do it because my people like to eat, and I manage to throw three pretty decent meals on the table a day.  We are very basic eaters here at Farm and Fru Fru...meats, potatoes, very few geen things, too many sweet things.  Nothing Fancy.  To quote from one of my favorite quotable movies Lonesome Dove"...most people that come in here wouldn't see a dead skunk if it was lying  on the table..." so I don't go out of my way to try and impress my people with fancy food.

Over the weekend, we had snow...lots of snow for around here...15"....people go NUTS when it snows here...schools close before the first flake flies, milk and bread disappear from all shelves, even Starbucks and McDonalds close down...so we cook....and eat....and then cook some more...and eat some more...Let me list just what I cooked over the weekend.......Chicken and dumplins, chicken stew, ham, potato salad, baked beans, yeast rolls, biscuits, chilli, chocolate cake, molasses cookies, and now...beef stew.  And snow cream (which was the best of all...I added a little orange extract to the custard...so yummy!)  We have eaten like starved pigs all weekend and this phenomenom shows no signs of letting up.

Can ANYONE tell me why?  Is it because we are stuck inside?  I think not...I could get out if I really wanted to, but I like a good fire so I sit inside instead.  Is it because we are hungrier than on no-snow days?  I think not because I am pretty much always hungry.  Is it because we are bored?  I think not because I am never bored...there are always things to do here.  I am clueless.  What about ya'll who live where snow flies all winter...do you have an answer?  Can anyone tell me why I eat everything in sight when it snows and then cook more?  I would really appreciate an answer......fast .....they are calling for more snow on Friday....thank you.  If this is your first visit to Farm and Fru Fru, Welcome.  If you are a repeat visitor, thanks for coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

...so happy to hear from you.........