photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Friday, February 5, 2010

Pick-up Sticks...recycle style

Remember that game you had when you were little called Pick-up Sticks?  They came in a little cardboard canister and were these plastic sticks you would dump out onto the floor and then try to pick up one at a time without them rolling all over the floor or something like that.

Well, this is my version of Pick-up Sticks, only when I dumped them out to sort, they came alive and rolled everywhere...like stiff colored worms slithering sideways under the table, the bed, the stool...everywhere.  Actually, they aren't worms at all but magazine reeds.   They were fun and easy to make and  I plan to make a box out of them and will show it to you when I finish .....if I can round up all the slithering stiff worms and put them back in their cage. 

In the mean time I have COFFEE FILTER TIP #2:  Use coffee filters instead of paper towels to wipe down crome, wash windows or mirrors...they are lint free and work great.

More snow today so  maybe I'll round up all those magazine worms and work on my box!

4 comments:

  1. I would estimate that it would take me about 15 to 20 coffee filters a day. I would think that this could get expensive. I think paper towels would work better. For lint free cleaning, use newspaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found and started to follow your blog. I'm a hobby farm want-to-be. So until that time we make our transition I get to live vicariously through blogs like yours. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realized coffee filters were lint free. Amazing development. I need pick up sticks to play with my Addie and Willow. Knit Jubel a scarf and hook them up with a radio. Play that 50's beach music. Warm Thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

...so happy to hear from you.........