photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Friday, January 11, 2013

2012

 


 
 
 
It's been a little over a year since I decided to buckle down and write.  Since then, I've had some questions about how I found a publisher and got three book contracts and what I learned along the way.
  I've had some time to assess the process, learn some things and make a bunch of mistakes.  I've met lots of really nice people, and found that without exception,  people are more than happy to answer questions and help you out along the way.  I've learned to (almost) accept rejection .  I've realized that for me to "be a writer," I have to write...a lot.  I've found that though helpful and important, no classes, books, conferences, workshops, websites or articles can substitute for the important but simple act of putting words on paper.  I've learned that even then, there are no guarantees, so I'd better like putting those words on paper.

 
 
I've found that I can look at rejections as depressing news or a sign that I am doing my job - putting work out there to be read.  And I've found I can take some of the sting out of those rejections by rewarding myself with a little treat for every 10 I get.  (And I LOVE a good treat, so it's a great incentive.) 
 
Lastly, I've learned that I have many BAD manuscripts in me, so I better get busy and get them out of the way so I can get to the good ones.
 
What did YOU learn in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

...so happy to hear from you.........