Since I am a fan, and since chocolate makes everything just a little better, it made my
list of ten random things today. Here are 10 things you may
or may not know about chocolate:
1. Hershey's produces 80 million kisses each day.
2. Cadbury made the first chocolate bar in 1842..thank you Cadbury.
3. The global chocolate market was 83.2 billion dollars in 2010.
4. German chocolate cake was named for Sam German, an american and has nothing to do with Germany.
5. People who feel depressed eat 70% more chocolate than their non-depressed peers.
6. One chocolate chip can supply enough energy for a person to walk 150 feet. I'm good for several hundred miles....
7. Americans eat 2.8 billion pounds of candy each year, half of which is chocolate.
8. When English Buccaneers overtook a Spanish warship they set it on fire because they believed the cacao beans were sheep dung.
9. Commercial chocolate contains such low amounts of cacao solids, it is the sugar people are addicted to. No kidding?!
10. Switzerland's people eat more chocolate than any other country at 22 pounds per person per year...America is 11th with 11 pounds per person per year.
Now that you are armed with these amazing facts about chocolate, watch Chocolate (love that movie)
and eat yourself some sinfully delicious chocolate...or send some my way.