photo farm-home_zpsa3f89177.jpg  photo farm-about_zps5ca590aa.jpg  photo farm-books_zps4b857550.jpg  photo farm-activities_zpsba432778.jpg  photo farm-writing_zpsb4bb8fe2.jpg  photo farm-contact_zps6eab4e56.jpg

Monday, July 19, 2010

HeadOn........apply directly to the forehead......

You've seen the commercial........
You've heard the mind-numbing repetition.....
"Head-On, apply directly to the forehead...." not once but repeated THREE times.
You've seen the woman rub what appears to be a glue stick on her forehead.
Well here's the rub......it works.  I kid you not, HeadOn apply directly to the forehead....
works.
Slate a Washington Post e-zine gives the hokey ad a surprising A+ declaring the very things
that drive us nuts about the ad make it "utter genius".....repetition, kitch ("mesmerizing cheesiness")
and mystery (they never really say what it's for.)
Now, I admit, I did not set out to purchase HeadOn.
I was shopping in the dollar store and had a headache.  There, on a shelf sat HeadOn.  Before I knew what
happened, it had hopped into my plastic basket along side a bag of Stouffer Iced Animal Crackers, a Sudoku puzzle book and 4 greeting cards.  I figured I had nothing to lose.
I "applied directly to my forehead" and what do you know... it worked!  While the headache didn't
really go away, the cooling effects of the topical homeopathic gel were very soothing.
I am now addicted.  I keep one in my purse, one by my bed, one in each bathroom, one by my chair and one in my workroom....I want never to be without  HeadOn again.  Kind of like Burts Bees lip balm.
The only problem is, the dollar store ran out so now my "fix" comes at a much higher price.
I don't care.  I am addicted and must have it.
I am not sure if this falls more under the "Farm" part of this blog (yes, the farmer gives me a headache sometimes) or the "Fru Fru" part....but in my continuing effort to inform, I thought I should give it a mention.
Which brings me to this....I think I will be doing a "Monday Mention" feature for a while.  And I want to know what you like.  Leave me a comment and recommend something....a food you love, a blog you read, book, movie, craft, product...anything!  Tell me why you recommend it....
Share your loves on Mondays!  I can't wait to see what you like....


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad this works for you. It does not help me at all but my headaches are not farmer caused but fibromyalgia caused so that I am sure makes a big difference. My daughters are addicted to Burts bees, me I use whatever (proving I do not have enough fru fru here!!!). I will be thinking on your product thing, I know I have favorites....hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a case of that stuff! Wonder if it also works on pains in the neck!?

    ReplyDelete

...so happy to hear from you.........