I have had my donkey Jubel for almost three years now. In that time, he has taught me just about
" Everything I need to know" so I thought I would share what I have learned thus far as
a mini donkey owner...I posted this once before right after I started this blog, but
good lessons bear repeating.
- The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...but sticking your neck where it doesn't belong can get you stuck...by barbed wire or something worse.
- Watch your step...all that glitters is not gold..sometimes it is a pile of poop.
- Gray is the new black.
- Sometimes it's better to be seen and not herd.
6. Grin and the whole world grins with you.
7. When someone sneaks up on you from behind, kick first and ask questions later.
8. On hot days lie on your back under a shade tree.
9. When in doubt, run.
10. Everyone should have a pedicure every two months.
11. When someone you love comes home...run to meet them with wild abandon.
12. There is never a bad time to eat cookies...or pie.
( photo laura gordon photography)